Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Video of the Day: f(x)'s "Rum Pum Pum Pum" MV + Celebrate Their Comeback With "Go! f(x)"

f(x)'s "Rum Pum Pum" mv is out!  This means that I get to make fun screencaps and either talk shit or say nice things.  Which will it be this time?




Since I've been eagerly waiting for this mv to come out, of course it had to be the first thing I watched when I came home.  Want to know why I'm just started writing about it at 11 pm?   Welp, I ended up having to let it sit with me for awhile.  I wasn't in love with it and I didn't hate it.  My feels were stuck somewhere in between.


I'm quite sure this all stemmed from my thoughts about SM Entertainment's overuse of that damned box.  I'm so tired of seeing those unimaginative boxes that I feel like my brain decided to shut down when I first noticed them.  I couldn't even really appreciate the song at first, and how sad is that?

I really like this move right here.

I mean, yes I liked their quirky, fun outfits and their quirky, fun dance moves.  What's not to like?  I still had to let it percolate.

I also like when they break it down with all that sassy hip action as shown here.

I'm happy to report that I've decided I do like the song, especially after having it stuck in my head for the past few hours.  I think it's fresh and quite different than anything I've heard in Kpop so far, while still retaining their signature style.  It's unconventional and yet very f(x) in a more grown up way.  I like it a hell of a lot more than I liked "Electric Shock", that's for sure.


Let's talk about the mv fashion a bit more in depth.  SMent usually does a great job of capturing a very edgy, contemporary teen-to-20-something style with f(x), which I like very much.  I'm so glad that they steer clear of that whole shorts-suit-with-heels thing or that hand-sewn-one-armed-matching-suits thing or even that bootie-shorts-with-stripper-moves deal.  I like their outfits here (yes, even the plaid ones) but I do have a bone to pick with SM's stylists right now...


Please direct your eyes to the left and riddle me this:  Who's idea was it to have Amber looking like EXO's lost member?  Really, SM?  Really??  How about the outfit where she looks like she just got picked up from a particularly stylish boys' prep school (as seen in pic #3 above)?  How much do you want to bet that "boys' prep school" was exactly what they were thinking when they picked out that outfit?  You cordi noonas can do soooo much better than that, and you have in the past.  Amber can be a tomboy while wearing cute clothes, ya know!  Hmph.

I do have to be thankful that she's at least wearing a full pair of socks this time.

I always get the feeling that all SMent groups share clothes to a certain extent, because Luna had on Key's platform Converse at one point (pic #5), and let's all say hi to Key's hat:

Hi, Key's hat!

Also, doesn't Sulli look smokin' hot here?  No more "Giant Baby" for her, I see!

One thing I did notice is that the mv has racked up so far over 80,000 views on YouTube with 4,000 of those people giving it a thumbs down vote, when even an often disliked song like SHINee's "Why So Serious" still only has about 4,000 dislikes.  Ouch.  I'm thinking it's because those people were expecting another "Hot Summer" (meh) or "Electric Shock" and got something different instead.  Oh well... sucks to be them!


To celebrate their comeback, Mnet released a special called "Go! f(x)", which follows the group as they performed in SXSW, film for Funny Or Die with Anna Kendrick and hang out at Amber's house.  Check it out:


Alright guys, enough of my late night babbling.  Let's send f(x) good thoughts for their first comeback stage on M! Countdown later today, and leave me a comment letting me know what YOU think of f(x)'s "Rum Pum Pum" mv.


Source: SMTOWNMnetAmerica.  Screencaps by Oddness/Weirdness.  Take out with full credit.

  Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.