Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

UPDATED- Kpop WTF: Block B Sues Stardom Entertainment

It's only a few days into 2013 and it seems like it's already the year of the Kpop scandal.  So far Rain has gotten into trouble for dumb stuff like dating Kim Tae Hee and not wearing his hat while off base (smdh), idols are tweeting crazy stuff, and how about another sex scandal?  But the news that just made my jaw drop was that Block B has filed suit against Stardom Entertainment because they want their exclusive contract to be nullified.

Woah...

Read on for more info.



Here's some quotes from their suit as reported by various media outlets:
“During the signing of the exclusive contract, it was promised that in addition to providing proper training opportunity and facilities, we would be paid on every 25th of the following month… However, the agency has not paid us for nearly one year since April of 2011.”
“It started last year in March when one member’s contract was ended and his portion of the pay was calculated… Appearance fees from events as well as pay from SBS drama ‘Phantom’s OST, MBC drama ‘Golden Time’ OST, and funds collected from the inaguration of our Japanese fan site’s fan club, and more for a total of 10 things, have been omitted.”
They also added, “The CEO of the agency, Mr. Lee, has also disappeared with the 70,000,000 KRW (~66,000 USD) that he collected from the members’ parents to use for promotion and production costs… He never listened to the members opinions or thoughts on their activities and directed only in his way.”

Yeah... this is serious business.  Keep in mind that the source for this story is Allkpop, who's info I always am skeptical about, so we'll see what else is unearthed in the next few days.

Stardom Entertainment has not made any statements thus far but I'll keep you posted on any further developments.

UPDATE:  The news keeps pouring in.  I was just informed by a commenter that this info was found on Naver:

"These guys were paid $14 without any support from their company. P.O. paid for all of their stage outfits from his own pockets and their staff worked for them with their own money."
The truth will come out soon, I'm sure.

We were discussing how we hope Block B does not disband, only to read a few minutes later that Park Kyung and Zico have removed the name "Block B" from their Twitter profiles and usernames.

Park Kyung's Twitter username used to be @BlockBkyung and Zico referred to Block B in his profile up until not that long ago.  

Oh noes...



What do you think about these allegations?


Source: News1, Sports World and Style M via Allkpop.

Comments

  1. i hope they wont disband.... <3 love block b forever and there was also this : "These guys were paid $14 without any support from their company. P.O.
    paid for all of their stage outfits from his own pockets and their staff
    worked for them with their own money. To make matters worse, their CEO
    basically ran away with the $70,000 he took from their parents."
    found on naver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What??!?? That's insane! I can't even imagine that this would happen to them... How sad. Thanks for letting me know.

      I also hope they don't disband. They're really good. I mean, Taeil, Zico and Park Kyung would do fine regardless but I'd feel especially bad for the others.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes, I hate internet. Really. I could spend a happy first weekend of the year, but now, I'm searching about news related to this WTF. I've found: http://bontheblock.tumblr.com/post/39656574841/news-130104-block-bs-official-position

    (Another subject: BBC are really a strong fanclub! If you put in a list all the inconvenients that they had to suffer to be close of Block B -in shows, fanmeetings, presentations in tv, interviews, etc.-, or even to know something about them, it is a clear probe of their love and fidelity. I'm really sorry for them. For the band, of course, but also for the fans. Sorry, suddenly I get sentimental.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thanks for letting me know! It's seriously awesome that u guys come here to leave info for me. I love it.

      Anyway, this is just getting worse and worse but I figured it would. Stardom is going to try to drag their names through the mud. I'll do another post with this info and whatever else I find later tonight. Sigh... I feel so bad for them.

      Delete
  3. I hate allkpop - always did and always will. They helped spiral the scandal back in march last year out of proportion, not giving a shit whether their information was correct or not.
    However, I don't think that BLOCK.B will ever disband. These guys work hard and always have. Minhyuk also posted that they'd be 7 people together forever. They possibly removed the name because Stardom owns copyright on the brand itself. Taeil and Minhyuk still have BB in their name, so I wouldn't worry at all if I were you. They will not disband as a group.
    I stand by BLOCK.B as a hardcore BBC and always will no matter what. They've been through too much to give up now and they said themselves that the power that BBCs provided them with, helped them overcome things and be strong. Their lawyers published an announcement saying that fans should beware of what Stardom may release, as everything they've said so far appeared to be untrue. I'm trying to keep calm, but it's super disrespectful how their label has been acting so far. And I cannot believe that the so-called "CEO" would act like such a scumbag. As if they didn't go through enough already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. allkpop is the worst. I read them because the report things quickly and I like to read some of the crazy comments. They suck ass though...

      I've been reading more about this issue. Some really messed up stuff behind the scenes. About to do another post now.

      Delete
  4. Accidentally deleted the Disqus widget last week. All comments made in the past week should be back up soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.