Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

The Wonder Girls Release "Like Money" Feat. Akon

Wonder Girls released their mv for "Like Money" featuring Akon today, and I'm sure their fans, the Wonderfuls (cute right?) were spazzing happily.







I thought the mv was cute and well done (and expensive!) and I like the whole space theme and their fun outfits.  However, I'm not a fan of the way Akon's part dragged on so long.  I wish they'd interspersed his vocals amongst the rest of the song but sadly I was not the producer so it's not to be.  Sighhh...  I'd have liked the song a bit more then.  As of right now I'm thinking the song is cute but it's not something I'd go out of my way to download or listen to.

What I do like is that some Kpop companies are making an effort to produce music videos that are different.    It's nice to know that not every mv is going to be set in a box (hint, hint).  




I also noticed today that the Wonder Girls have garnered some attention here in the U.S. with their new release.  There's a great little article about "Like Money" that was posted on Billboard.com today.  Be sure to go check it out here and comment accordingly if you're a Wonder Girls fan.  Perez Hilton was also moved to write about what he calls one of his fave groups today here.  Finally, MTV called them out on their Buzzworthy blog here.


"I'm taking u down, bishes!" 


Will the Wonder Girls drive right over their competition?  We shall see, won't we?




Source: WonderGirlsVEVO, screen caps by Oddness/Weirdness.

Comments

  1. Ha ha, we are never going to agree on music I don't think. I love this track. This kinda sound is very, very big in the UK now thanks to David Guetta, DJ Fresh & Calvin Harris. The fusion of electro pop and hip hop is dominating the UK charts. This could be a hit in the UK apart from the girls image and the mediocre dance routine.

    Reminds me a bit of "Turn Me On" by David Guetta and Nicki Minaj. In fact I'm sure they've used the video idea a bit too. Check it out.

    http://youtu.be/YVw7eJ0vGfM

    Me thinks if "Like Money" got any airplay here it could be a top 20 hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops I forgot to reply to this post. I actually normally like that hip hop/techno fusion. I just don't like that Akon has such a lonnnggg part in this. I wish it had been interspersed throughout the song like he normally does. Seems like it would be awkward to perform unless he was actually there too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.